Last week I went to scout some amazing locations in Northern California for Adventure Elopements/ Intimate Weddings and I ran across this magical forest that would be perfect for a fairy inspired theme event! There are so many different backdrops in this location that I thought it would be nice to put together a sample elopement timeline with pictures to inspire future couples and help them envision what it would be like to elope here.
This first picture is of my daughter modeling this amazing spot for a photo! So glad she was with me for this adventure so I could help share the scene. 🙂
Fern Canyon is considered a State Park, but my National Park pass actually got me in with no charge here. (Some work with way) If you do not have a pass it has a $8 use fee
When you get to the park you have to cross a stream on the road going in so a 4X4 vehicle is a good idea – We drove in with our van and were able to get over it as it wasn’t very high but sometimes the stream is higher, so having a high vehicle is nice. Otherwise you have to park 1 mile from the entrance and hike in.
My husband being my model for this one. 🙂 The mist really creates a unique look to the ocean backdrop
If you have some extra time to add into the day, we traveled 45 minutes up the coast highway to the Trees of Mystery to add a gondola ride and a walk on swaying bridges up in the giant Redwoods
Start by renting a beautiful Airbnb near Orick, CA right next to the Redwood National Park
∙ 8:00 am – Getting ready at the Airbnb
· 9:00 am – First look at the cabin
· 9:30 – 10:00 – Drive to Fern Canyon
· 10:00 am – Get to Fern Canyon Parking lot
· 10:00 am – 11:30 – Explore Fern Canyon (1 mile hike out and back)
· 11:30 – 12:00 – freshen up and drive to Skunk Cabbage Trail (15 minute drive)
· 12:00 – Short hike to a picnic on the beach (Gold Bluff’s Beach .2 miles)
· 12:00 – 1:00 – Picnic lunch and acoustic music performance by my husband of a song of your choice (Which will most likely be remembered as your wedding song 🙂 )
· 1:00 – 1:30 Explore the beach and find a private area to read your vow and officially elope! (My husband as the officiant if need) – You could also pick an area in the fern from the drive up that is beautiful!
· 1:30 – 2:00 – Drive to Atlas Grove in the Prairie Creak Redwoods State Park
· 2:00 – 3:00 – Explore and take couples photos
· 3:00 – 3:30 – Drive back to the Airbnb
· 3:30 – 5:00 – Private Chef Dinner
Overall this is one of my favorite places in the entire US and I really don’t think you can go wrong getting married in such a magical and memorable locations!
Let’s get in touch! – https://www.mindfulmediaphotography.com/contact
If you're thinking about eloping or getting married in NorCal, our blog is an excellent resource for inspiration. We've got sneak peeks of recent weddings, tips for eloping in Northern California, and more. Let The Adventure Begin is the perfect place to start planning.
We promise never to SPAM! All emails come directly from us to you.
Hi! My fiancé and I live with our 3 children in Sonoma county. We know we want to elope (just us and the kids), but we do t want a huge expensive ceremony. Just a really special, beautiful ceremony in a beautiful place with our children. This looks perfect!! Could you give me a price? We want wedding photos and will need an officiant. This seems so perfect for us!!